How You Can Help
First, we encourage you to donate on May 5 at www.givelocalbay.org. On this day, your gift goes further as it is matched with $25,000 in incentive funds and additional $3,000 in potential prizes for nonprofits. There are many other ways you can help, too:
- Mark May 5 on your calendar so you receive a reminder to donate. Click here to add it to your Outlook calendar. Click here to add it to your Google calendar.
- Share our Facebook posts and videos with friends and family to get them involved. Follow Bay Area Community Foundation on Facebook.
- Click “attending” on our Facebook event page and invite your friends. See the event by visiting our Facebook page or by clicking here.
- Become a fundraiser for your favorite nonprofit with a unique profile that you can share with friends and family. Similar to Facebook fundraisers, this allows you to set a goal and raise funds on a nonprofit’s behalf. To get started, visit www.givelocalbay.org, find an organization you want to support, visit that nonprofit’s profile, and click the button “Fundraise” to get started. Want to raise money instead for all nonprofits? You can also become a fundraiser for our incentive pool or COVID-19 Community Response Fund.
- Contact your favorite nonprofit to see if they are competing for a prize. There is $3,000 available in prizes. If your nonprofit has a strategy for how they want to win one, your help could make all the difference.
- Enter the selfie contest by posting a selfie or photo on your Facebook profile on May 5 to help your nonprofit win a $250 prize. Make sure to include #GiveLocalBay2020, tag Bay Area Community Foundation, and send us a Facebook message letting us know you posted. You will also need to make sure the post’s privacy settings are set to “public,” or we won’t be able to see it. At 9 p.m. on May 5, we will do a drawing on Facebook Live to pick the winner. The winner will select a Give Local Bay participating nonprofit to win the prize.
- Vote for your favorite nonprofit April 29-May 4 and encourage others to do the same. We will post a link to a poll on our Facebook page and at givelocalbay.org/prizes. One vote per person. The nonprofit with the most votes when the poll ends at 3 p.m. on May 4 will win this $250 prize.